Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

H³ (H Cubed) or Homeschoolers Helping Homeschoolers!

"Homeschooling Curriculum is not cheap. It can add up and is a large investment, and to people who are in a bad financial situation because of job loss, death or illness, or other reasons, that cost can be a very large burden."
source
I was recently contacted by Anthony, a 17 year old homeschooler and 4H'er, to tell me about his service project, . I get quite a few emails from people asking for help, for endorsement for their project on my blog. I usually turn them down because that is not one of the goals of my particular blog. I usually refer them on to someone I feel can really help them with their project.
This one was different. 
I was first impressed by how courteous he was in his email and how well written the email was. 
He got my attention.
And then what the project was about impressed me.
This project provides homeschool curriculum to families in need!
I went to his site and was so impressed, I immediately wrote him back and told him that I would help. 
And now I am asking you, too, to help. 
source

What can YOU do to help?

Take the 5 Book Challenge.
All you have to do is go through your bookshelf and take out FIVE books...curriculum, chapter books, easy readers...anything you think a homeschool family would use...that you can donate. Fill out the form at   to get an address. Pack the books in a recycled box. Take them to the post office and ask for the cheapest rate. It probably won't be more than five dollars. And that's it. You have just helped another homeschooling family with five books.

Spines, books 610 (Penguin Books UK) Tags: design books literature classics bookdesign coverdesign coraliebickfordsmith
source

And if YOU are a family in need...

After you submit your request, they will send you a follow up email that has next to each of your needs you have listed, a list what books  have available. 
Shipping is the ONLY cost you have to pay!
 tries to send it the cheapest way possible and they DON'T make ANY money from over charging on shipping. 
In fact, if they end up spending less on shipping, they will refund what they have left.

4 comments:

  1. That's a very good idea. We usually pass our books on to local families - but when I organize for the fall, I'll keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea and would be great to implement over here in England too. Maybe when my guys are older I'll look into joining with a few other homeschoolers and starting something similar. I'm sure there would be lots of people needing help and many more willing to give it. And this is such a simple way of doing both! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will so do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.