Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Snapshot Summary, April 4-10 Spring Break


The last week of the semester is our review week and then we have a break week before we begin the first week of the new semester. This is our spring break week.

The boys went roller skating at the monthly homeschooling skating.
We didn't do anything special really. We had some doctor's appointments (of course!) James is doing well with his new medicine for his epilepsy. I went out to dinner with my good friend, Peg (and had so much fun that I forgot to take a picture.) The boys played outside a lot in the nice, spring weather. They played computer games some, particularly Civilization. We just rested and regrouped for our last semester.
 We enjoyed good food this week. This is our Japanese Steakhouse dinner. The carrots were nothing special, but the steak, fried rice and zucchini were wonderful. We also had a simple salad of lettuce and cucumbers, using Yum-Yum sauce as the dressing.
We had homemade hummus, edamame dip and Asian kale slaw for lunch one day. I love the beginning of fresh spring and summer food.
How was your week? Have you been enjoying spring?

Join me at...

12 comments:

  1. I love weeks that we don't have too much to do. This week has been one for us after the crazy last week we had. Your week looks perfect Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Spring Break!!! My favorite one (well except the first week of school, he he). Your dinner is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful spring break! It's really good to be out and about. I love all the great food that you're having. They look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your week sounds lovely, Phyllis. It's so good to take the time to recharge, sometimes. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...I have not been on the blogosphere to much. And I missed your birthday!!! I pray that it was filled with joy and happiness. You so deserve it! The pictures from spring break and the details sound perfect to me. Wishing you a blessed Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice relaxing week,
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those meals look delicious! Seems like an awesome week and now I want to make up some yum-yum sauce too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun you forgot to take a picture? Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I.m so glad you had a night out with a friend! Looks like you guys had a fun and yummy break week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely fun week. I'm glad the medicine is working well, that must be a relief for you all. I hope you've had an equally lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a relaxing (ish ;)) week! Glad the medicine is working. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had the week of allergies. It's about to be super bad allergy season here with the live oak about to start putting out its pollen. So not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.