Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Snapshot Summary, December 20-26 {It was the week before Christmas}

December 20-26
What did we do this week?
We baked.
We Christmas shopped.
We celebrated with friends.

{Don't you just love the spelling?}
We had a movie night with refreshments. 
Can you find the mistletoe?
Katie made my kissing ball I wanted.
Christmas Eve
After church, we all came back and opened the Christmas Eve presents, which were pajamas for everyone, Christmas ornaments for the kids from their grandparents and the Secret Santa presents.
We read The Night Before Christmas, set out our stockings and cookies and eggnog for Santa.


Christmas Morning

 Christmas Dinner Buffet Table
Christmas Pudding


The Feast of St. Stephen
"Good King Wenceslas looked out, on the Feast of Stephen,
When the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even;
Brightly shone the moon that night, tho' the frost was cruel,
When a poor man came in sight, gath'ring winter fuel...
...Therefore, Christian men, be sure, wealth or rank possessing,
Ye who now will bless the poor, shall yourselves find blessing."
I hope your Christmas was as blessed as ours.
Merry Christmas, my friends!


Join me at...

10 comments:

  1. I love all of your celebrating. The Christmas pudding looks great.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lovely Christmas...but I'm still not sure about the Christmas pudding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, and it looks like you had one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week Phyllis! Your family just always beams in photos. I am so glad your Christmas was so merry!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to make a Christmas pudding like that! *sigh* Maybe next year. Your post put a big smile on my face. It looks like your family had a lovely Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. We love this vacation time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, looks like you had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just reading about the Feast of Saint Stephen from a link Almost Unschoolers shared.

    I love the spelling on the sign. Those are the ones you know you should correct, but make you smile, so you don't immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, my friend! Looks like you all had a Merry Christmas! The pudding looks like a volcano! Love the kissing ball and the refreashments! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late, but Merry Christmas!!! I hope you had an amazing time... and I loved seeing your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.