Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

History and Geography Meme 40: Creative Ideas for Learning the States

Check out this amazing states notebook at The Anna Matrix.


Make a state brochure like at The Inspired Classroom.


Make a states game based on pick-up-sticks like at Fabulous in Fourth!


A lot can be learned from looking at State Quarters. More information at H.I.P. Pocket Change.

Source: usmint.gov via Phyllis on Pinterest


Map of the USA Jigsaw Puzzle Printable at Mr. Printables.


What other ideas have you come across for teaching the states?
Welcome Back to a new school year!
I hope that you will continue to link your new (and old) history and geography posts to this meme every Thursday. Please include this button on either the post you have linked or your sidebar or mention All Things Beautiful History and Geography meme in your post with a link. All posts that do not link directly to a history or geography post will be deleted.

6 comments:

  1. I might adapt some of these to use for our geography studies this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice round up of activities, I especially like the brochure I think my kids would enjoy that one. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Phyllis! Pinning for later! I always like to tie state studies with US History. (This year we're doing Ancient Civilizations.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad this is starting back up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the things you highlight each week. I'm checking them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection of ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.