Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

This Moment, Cotton Candy Edition and Snapshot Summary, May 25-31: Camp Bergenholtz, week 1

{this moment}

A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments at SouleMama.
  

Snapshot Summary, May 25-31: Camp Bergenholtz, week 1



Photobucket

Friday
25
On The Road
Saturday
26
Quentin's 8th Birthday in TN
Sunday
27
Put up pool in backyard...
and went to State Line Drive-In and saw The Secret World Of Arrietty.


Monday
28
First dying of Tie-Dyed T-Shirts in the morning
and second dying in the afternoon, a Camp Bergenholtz tradition.
Cookout with new friends in the evening...
and watching the stars through Stargazer on their Smart phones in order to identify constellations.


Thursday
29
Relaxing
With all the activity lately, we needed a day to rest.
I bought some supplies for activities later in the week.

Wednesday
30
Sam's Birthday at Sam's Gap, North Carolina on the Appalachian Trail.
Lobster Dinner for his birthday.
Sam turns 15.
and cake with everyone afterwards.
Thursday
31
Jonesborough, TN


19 comments:

  1. Wow! Happy birthday! You guys have been BUSY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy and exciting week. It sure looks like you all are having fun.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun it looks like summer has arrived for your family. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I am confused. :) Have you already moved? Or visiting? I love the pictures. Everything looks like so much fun. First thing I noticed was Katie's hair. I LOVE IT! It is so adorable. Happy Birthday Sam! Looks like such a great week Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why you are confused. We have moved, but our house has not sold yet, so we are staying with my best friend until our house sells and we are able to buy a new home. Meanwhile for the next couple of weeks, we are on vacation and having a great time in our new state.

      Delete
  5. I love every one of these images! Those southern backgrounds make me happy. And your Camp Bergenholtz is the BEST! Such a happy post - look at the glow from those candles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great week! I cannot not believe you are up and blogging already. Hope all went well with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome week and aren't smart phones absolutely, crazy, cool - at times?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your collage and photos. It looks like your summer is off to a great start. May you have many more wonderful memories to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're moving to NC?? or TN? OH, you'll have to let me know where because we go to NC OFTEN. My husband's sister has just built their retirement home near Asheville and we are enjoying exploring the area.

    I need make a Camp Prather. I love that idea!!! See, you're so smart!

    Looks like you're all having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in East TN very close to the NC border. We are about 45 minutes from Asheville. I totally endorse a Camp Prather. We have been doing Camp Bergenholtz for about five years now (except last year due to my husband's accident) and it is a wonderful family tradition.

      Delete
  10. It looks like an incredible, FUN week!! Camp Bergenholtz looks amazing :) Happy Birthday to the boys...how neat that they are so close together!
    I want to see The Secret World of Arriety. Did you enjoy it? I think seeing it at the drive-in is a great idea. I need to see what's playing at the drive-in we would go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all liked Arriety. We like the Borrowers, too. Drive-In just makes it all the more special.

      Delete
  11. Wow - what a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you guys are having a great time! Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fantastic week of fun!! Blessings for the new move:) Liking the sound of Camp Hutchins...great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How long are y'all in Tennessee for? I am telling ya, at the rate you are going, I would say you are going to experience more of East Tennessee than we ever have living here! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully forever, Wonder Mom! We haven't made our way to Knoxville yet, but we are thinking about it.

      Delete
  15. you lost me at cotton candy. my eyes went a little blurry there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.