Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Sparkly, Scaly Clay Fish

Pin It

Inspired by A Soulful Life, we got out the clay...
rolled it flat...
and cut out fish shapes with a knife.
It reminded me of Michelangelo defining sculpture as the art of "taking away."
They experimented with adding texture with objects they found around the house.
The fish began to come to life before our eyes.


A few days later, they were fully dry and ready to paint. I put some blue,some green and some white paint on a plate and showed them how to mix the paints to get their desired colors.
They added glitter as they painted.
Katie introduced black, yellow and red to the color pallet.



6 comments:

  1. I love their fish. I have such terrible luck with trying to mix paints to get the color I want. I know how the process should work, but I usually end up with a big ol' blob of paint that is not the right color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out great - wonderful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we lived closer, I'd be stopping by for art lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These look awesome! Great work. :-) Coming over to visit from Red Oak Lane. Hope you have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phyllis, thanks for linking this project up with "Look! What We Did!" These turned out very nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.