Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ................................................................................................................painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Versatile Blogger Award from Our Side of the Mountain

Photobucket

I have been honored with this award from the lovely blog Our Side of the Mountain.
Rules for this Award
Thank the person(s) who nominated you and link back up them.
Tell Readers 7 things about yourself.
Pass this award onto 15 newly discovered bloggers and let them know.

Things About Me
One nice thing about the awards process is that you learn that the people who have the blogs you like often have things in common with you. In honor of that, my Things About Me are like Our Side of the Mountain's list:
I WOULD LIKE TO live with my family on a rutted dirt road in the middle of the woods. Although there are several other houses in the neighborhood, we might only see 3-4 vehicles drive by ALL day. I am hoping we will have a place like this when we move.
I grew up on an island off the coast of Maine the Chesapeake Bay. My Dad was a lobsterman waterman (crabber, fisherman and oysterman) and, while I was young, my Mom picked crabmeat.
I enjoy reading historical fiction...from the young adult (i.e. TEENAGE) section in the library. I even really like the pre-teen section.

8 comments:

  1. I know one thing. I'm so happy and grateful because you thought of me when choosing your own nominees. You know what is nice about his award? It passes around nice thoughts, compliments and just all-around good-will towards one another. Thank you deeply for you thoughtfulness. It will be so lovely to visit your other choices as well. And you were well deserving of the joy of being chosen to receive this award as well. Have a lovely evening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including me on your list, Phyllis! I need to explore a few of the other blogs that I'm not familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting the award! You definitely deserve it. I love reading your blog and I really enjoy your end of week recaps. You all are always so busy having fun and learning!

    I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you thought of me. I'm quite honored. Thank you! I also can't wait to discover some of the other blogs you've listed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the house part for sure. We have a plot of land in mind for it, too, if we can ever get there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you young adult books are wonderful to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Phyllis. I am with Susan, I want to explore some of the other blogs.
    I love your blog! You do not know how often you inspire me. I have used SO many of your resources and recipes! Congrats on the well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You deserve all the awards in my opinion! Especially SUPER homeschooler :) But - did you see that you are nominated in the Favorite Homeschool Mom Blog and Best Crafts, Plans & Projects Blog and your Household Ways was nominated in the best homemaking and recipes category... Love you and your All Things Beautiful. I like the thoughts of you living on a rutted dirt road - closer to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to let you know that I've finished my Versatile Blogger post and I wanted to say thank you again. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.