22. Although I do like a simple, old-fashioned lifestyle, there are a few things about living in this period that I am grateful for...like those skilled in medicine. Sometimes I think about how Steven's accident would have affected our lives if he had not had access to skilled doctors. Or, how Sam's arm would be now. Or how Sam and Katie's epilepsy would affect their lives if they did not have the medicine they need.
23. I also appreciate things like plumbing. Nothing like a hot bath whenever you want it or the absence of chamberpots to make one grateful.
24. Electricity. Sometimes I even resent it, but in general it makes our lives so much easier and connects people all over the world.
25. The ability to travel. Although I don't do it much, I do like to travel and it is a wonderful thing to be able to do.
26.The freedom to go where I want, be with who I want and do what I want. Freedom.
27. The senses...the ability to see colors, hear music, touch soft baby skin, smell roses, taste chocolate.
28. During this time of uncertain financial conditions, that Steven has a job that provides for us a home, warmth, food and all the necessities.
29. Craftsmanship...the wonderful blend of talent and diligence.
30. "For He so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son."