Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Days of Summer #37- Edible Sand, Watercress Sandwiches and Rainbow Fruit Pops


Edible Sand
 This looks just like a pail of sand, doesn't it? It is actually a edible (and yummy) dessert!
 Yesterday when I went shopping for groceries, I bought the ingredients for this dessert, including a new sand pail. When the boys were looking to see what I bought, saw the sand pail and asked about it. I told them it was for dessert and they didn't even pause in surprise. They are so used to this kind of answer from me!
Click here for the recipe.

watercress sandwiches

These light sandwiches are great for tea time or a summer lunch.
Perhaps a summer picnic to celebrate the official first day of summer tomorrow?
Click here for the recipe.

Rainbow Fruit Pops
These cool, refreshing and healthy Pops can be made with any kind of fruit you have on hand.
Recipe can be found here.

9 comments:

  1. So, what's in the pail?! LOL

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The caption is a link to the recipe. Sorry that wasn't clear. I went back and added the link in the body of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Didn't you have a party on the first day of summer, last year? I think it was you, and it was very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you can find it here-
    http://homeschooljournal-bergblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/celebrating-summer-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, where is the recipe, or where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am DEFINITELY gonna try the sand recipe out- SHAZAAM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The watercress sandwiches sound so good! Easy and great to take along! Thanks for sharing!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, if this doesn't look like a great way to welcome summer. Funny story about your kids not being surprised at having a bucket for dessert! Thanks for sharing this at the summertime fun party. I'm putting this on my list to try this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.