Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

The Peasant Wedding, 1567, Pieter Bruegel the Elder

The Peasant Wedding, 1567, Pieter Bruegel the Elder
I just love this painting so much. To me, it has such a great feeling to it. We looked at the colors he used, the lines and how they draw the eyes of the viewer. We looked at how he viewed the life of the peasant.

We had so much fun last week making pictures with pastels, we decided to complete another one,
Queen Anne's Lace this time.

4 comments:

  1. I always like Bruegel's paintings - the effect is that of a photographer with an eye for all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accidentally didn't open your actual Queens Anne's lace pictures, but these are so wonderful. I need to sit down and figure out this year how I want to add in art. I'm feeling ready to venture into that......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling, smiling, smiling! Wonderful Queen Anne's lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that painting too! Love the Queen Anne's lace pictures. Your kiddos are going to have such a wonderful background in Art. I am so implementing some of your ideas Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.