Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Stylish Blogger Award from Our Side of the Mountain

 Our Side of the Mountain blessed me with a Stylish blogger Award today. I feel particularly blessed because the award comes from a blogger whom I very much respect.
She participates in many of the same activities that our family does, such as nature study (Outdoor Hour), Science Sunday and Snapshot Summary. Our families do similar activities both during school time and just for fun {not that I am so sure what the difference is any more. : ) }

Of course there are those rules for acceptance. I can't possibly think of seven new things about me worth mentioning. (Gee, you guys already know me better than my mother does.) So, anyway, I thought I would take Our Side of the Mountain's lead and modify her list to fit me. You may have seen some of them before, but then maybe not. See what you think:
7 Things About Me
1. I live in rural Maryland, in a small town, near the beach, on the Chesapeake Bay. 
2. I hope to spend more time learning and practicing photography, particularly kids and nature.
3. I enjoy camping and going for strolls in the woods with my kids, but since I have had to be in a wheelchair, that has made those times more rare. Surprisingly, there are some paved parks with woods.
4. I am the youngest of 3 children (two brothers) and grew up near open fields and rivers.
5. My Dad was a Maryland waterman and my Mom picked crabmeat when I grew up.
6. I have 4 cats (or at least my daughter does)...5 kids and 1 husband.
7. I like to read my daughter's library books
See, I told you we had a lot in common. Go on over to Our Side of the Mountain and compare notes.  How close would you come?
Now for the blogs I am passing this on to. (Remember you wonderful bloggers that I love that if I have already given you one, I feel I must pass the love around and give it to someone new, so don't feel slighted. I still love ya. But if I forget that I have already given you one, just take it and smile about my absent-mindedness.)

13 comments:

  1. Why, thank you! It was sweet of you to mention me - and I'm having fun perusing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of cats! My daughters would love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you so much for including me in your choice of 15 great blogs! I feel blessed as well to receive this from such an inspiring blogger!! I love all of your blogs! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm honored that my one month old little blog even exists in the mind of well, anyone, much less be deserving of an award. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much. Phyllis. I am so glad to have come across your blog - it is such a marvellous resource. Blessings and love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Phyllis! What an honor. So glad you're enjoying my blog! What a wonderful blog you have as well.... you are a busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your brief childhood history.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your wonderful words! We DO have a lot in common! I enjoy coming to read what you're up to with the kids. Fun stuff! (My kids are just a little younger than yours.)

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I'm honored that you mentioned me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I got an award! This is so cool - thanks so much! Can you do me a favor and shoot me an email, I wanted to ask you a couple of questions and I dont see an email address here for you. Mine is cakesbyjen@gmail.com.
    Thanks so much again - so fun!
    Jen at The Crumb Factory

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phyllis! thank you so much for the mention, such a nice compliment! Your blog truly is a lovely space!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!! I feel honored as well to be on that list. My husband and I lived in VA Beach area for 2 years. The bay is a wonderful area (my husband really misses it). Nice to read more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huh...I never officially thanked you for this award. How rude! Well, I offer you my most humble thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.