Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

The August Break #17: Make Your Own Gummy Bears, Worms (or the like)

Put 1/3-1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 or 2 small (3 oz.)boxes Jello and 2-3 packages (1/4 oz.) unflavored gelatin, and stir until gelatin is dissolved; anywhere from 2-5 minutes. If you like chewier gummy candy the larger amount of gelatin & Jello and the least amount of water. You might need to experiment with the proportions a few times to get it to your own taste. When mixture is liquid and all gelatin has dissolved, remove from heat. Let cool a few minutes and then pour into a small pitcher or into plastic squirt bottles. Pour or squirt into small candy or gummies molds to cool completely. (Do not oil the mold.) This should take about 20 minutes on the table or about 10 minutes in the refrigerator. Once cool, the backs can be lightly dusted with corn starch, if desired. This keeps them from sticking together. Peel the gummy candy out of the molds. Enjoy!



play academy

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! You are going to be keeping us busy. This looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I think my kids would go nuts for this. You've been a busy beaver while I've been out of town these past two days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love homemade gummy candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun. fun. fun! We will definitely try this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my. I LOVE this... I'm going to try it!
    my kids liked the look of this too! :)
    I'll post pictures if I do!!

    amy in peru

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what I like best about your blog? You all are clearly not afraid to make a mess and have fun with it! Love, love, love all the projects.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I never would have thought of making gummy candy!We have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I like this. We're collecting ideas for B's birthday party at the moment - adding this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.