Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Many thanks to The Chronicles of a Veteran Kindergarten Teacher for the above award!
Rules of acceptance:
The Rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
1. (check)
2. Seven things, huh? Here they are:
1. I have a BA in Theatre.
2. I worked as a counselor at several prisons.
3. My father was a old-time waterman on the Chesapeake Bay. By "old-time" I mean he used to hand tong oysters and trotline crabbing.
4. My all-time favorite book is Watership Down by Richard Adams.
5. I didn't have my first child until I was 30 years old.
6. My favorite animals are rabbits and giraffes.
7. When I was younger (in collage), my photography was entered in several Art Shows (and won Honorable Mention in one!)
3. 15 Fantastic Bloggers: Please stop by these wonderful blogs and tell them I sent ya! These are in no particular order. With all the fantastic bloggers out there it was hard to pick only 15!
1. Ordinary Life Magic Stephanie knows how to see the magic in every "ordinary" day.
2. Enjoying Each Day Beth has lovely days with her lovely children.
3. Fisher Academy International Amy is a wonderful Charlotte Mason blogger with tons of ideas.
4. Acorn Pies Beth is an artist and a teacher and a love for nature that is contagious.
5. Handbook of Nature Study Barb taught me not to be afraid of this tome and how to enjoy nature daily.
6. The Woman and the Wheat Author Jane Meyer blogs about her project of giving her homemade bread away. It is an incredible experience to read about it.
7. Made by Joel Joel is a wonderful Dad who is dedicated to making a wonderful childhood for his kids and shares his talent with us with free printables and instructions on how to make fun things.
8. Silly Eagle Books Vanessa blogs about children and books, two of my very favorite things, and makes you just want to cuddle up to your little one and read to them.
9. Shady Bayou Academy Momma teaching 2 shares her wonderful days with her boys. Her warmth and sweetness carries through each post. You have to go see for yourself.
10. Gingerbread Snowflakes You have to love a blog that "celebrates the winter holidays and other comforts" and Pam's blog lives up to its promise.
11. 5 Orange Potatoes is a blog about nature, children and unschooling. Gotta love that combo.
12. Farmama is a wonderful photographer and her pictures and words shows us so well how she loves her family and her lifestyle. It leaves a warm feeling inside.
13. Homeschool Highlights Wonderful series of posts about using pastels you just can't miss.
14. Almost Unschoolers She ends each post with "It's great to be a homeschooler" and her love of homeschooling shows in each post.
15. Educating Risa talks about her homeschooling experiences and talents. She has many interesting posts, especially about math. (Gotta love that!) She has changed my outlook about math!
4. (check)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! I'm familar with a couple of the blogs on your list, and it's quite an honor to be listed alongside them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including me in this great group! Hooray! I discovered some great new blogs today here, a favorite is Made By Joel. Thanks! love, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised and honored to be included as part of this list of people devoted to celebrating life and family. That is what I love about your blogs - they are a celebration of life and family and learning - learning through inspiration and direct experience. And I love that you are constantly introducing your family to the celebrations and ideas found in cultures around the world. Only when they are grown up will they they completely understand the amazing gift you are giving them daily.

    Thank you for presenting me with this award, Phyllis, and for considering gingerbreadsnowflakes a resource for including celebration and inspiration in your family's life experience.

    I am very excited we will be sharing a winter holiday project together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the honor! I so appreciate your encouraging words. Can't wait to go through your picks. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your list of things about you...theater major! I would not have guessed. :)

    I love your blog too and find it refreshing and inspiring to see all that you do with your children.

    Thanks for sharing your journey and for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Phyllis! I am intrigued by your dad's profession! I bet he has some great stories from that.

    And I didn't have my first child till I was 30 either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vanessa,
    I used to go out in the boat with my father and help him in the summers when I was a teenager. When I took up photography, I went out on the boat with him and took pictures. It was wonderful. He was also interviewed by Diner's Club Magazine once. That was quite an experience, too.
    You're kidding. I didn't think you were thirty yet, you look so young. I hope, if you want one, you have a nice, large family too. It is so much fun!
    -Phyllis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.