Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales
painting by Katie Bergenholtz

Students Blogging Instead of Lab Reports?

Michelle inspired me with this post to consider blogging as a tool for learning. She blogged her son's experiences with Apologia's General Science's Lab work. It got me thinking about the possibility of my children posting to a blog INSTEAD of making a lab report. Lab reports can be so dry and boring. Student's also often have trouble thinking of who their audience is. After all, writing to Mom can feel so unnecessary since she was there when the experiment took place! But... a lab report of sorts that has a blogger's audience and can be spiced up with pictures, well, now it is not quite so remote and boring. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Of course, I LOVE the idea! {I still make my son write the lab report, but it is more fun to share it online!}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.